- 1 tablespoons of essential olive oil
- 50g/2oz pancetta cubes, or smoked streaky bacon, chopped finely
- 125g/4oz chicken white meat, reduce strips
- 200g/7oz dried spaghetti
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 free-range egg yolks, beaten
- 75ml/2fl oz double cream
- 75g/2oz Parmesan, grated, plus extra for everyone
- freshly ground pepper
MethodHeat the oil inside a pan more than a medium heat. Add some pancetta and fry until crisp and golden-brown. Remove in the pan having a slotted spoon and hang aside.
Add some chicken towards the same pan and fry for 4-a few minutes, or until completely cooked through.
Bring a sizable pan of salted water towards the boil and prepare the spaghetti based on packet instructions. Drain, reserving a bit of the cooking water.
Place the beaten eggs inside a large bowl. Add some spaghetti towards the eggs and a bit of the reserved cooking water and blend well. Add some cream, Parmesan, cooked chicken and cooked pancetta cubes and stir to mix.
For everyone, divide the pasta and sauce between two bowls. Top with extra Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.